Can a Chiropractor Heal My Hip Pain?
The short answer: Probably, yes. If your hip discomfort is related to the improper function of your joints, soft tissues, or spine, your local chiropractor may be able to heal the injury creating hip pain quicker than you think.
Because most of us rely on a healthy hip joint for numerous activities, including while we’re standing sedentary, our hips take on pressures regularly, making them susceptible to pain and injury.
This article goes over the following:
- Why you have hip pain
- Common injuries related to hip pain
- How to avoid hip pain
- Exercises and chiropractic solutions for lasting hip pain relief
- And more
Chiropractic for hip pain is a great way to learn its cause and find lasting, safe, effective solutions. Read on to learn more about it.
Why Does My Hip Hurt?
Everything from aging to lifestyle can cause hip disorders and imbalances, so it’s important to find out why your hip hurts to get the best treatment plan and know how you can help avoid hip pain in the future.
Common reasons for hip pain include:
- Poor posture
- Weight gain or pregnancy
- Improper movement patterns
- Regular wear and tear
- Excessive use due to exercise, athletics, or occupation
- Chronic injury elsewhere in the body that puts undue pressure on the hip
Injuries related to hip pain include:
- Joint injury
- Disc herniation
- Sprains and strains
- Muscle tear
- Pinched nerve
- And more
Chiropractors use a full body analysis to determine where dysfunctions are, never concentrating solely on the pain but figuring out how to heal the injury so the pain ends.
Tips to Help You Avoid Hip Pain
If you work your hips hard or put them through stress as you sit or stand for hours a day, there are steps you can take to help reduce your chances of hip pain or re-injury.
Ways to proactively care for your hip and body include:
- Correct your posture
- Ensure you use proper lifting techniques and movement patterns
- Rest the hip by giving it consistent breaks from activities that can lead to hip pain
- Ice hip injuries to reduce swelling and inflammation
- Apply heat to the hip to promote relaxation and remove pressure
- Manage your mental stress and anxiety, which can manifest as physical discomfort in the body, including the hips
- Stretch your hips before and after physical activity
- Exercise regularly to keep your body and hips safe, strong, flexible, and protected
While these tips are great for fast and effective hip pain relief as they contribute to the healing process, it’s best to work with a chiropractor for hip pain to ensure the correct wellness strategy is designed and enforced.
Visit Our Bluffdale Pilates & Chiropractic Clinic for Hip Pain Relief
Our Bluffdale clinic offers pilates and chiropractic treatments that offer support lending to natural healing, empowerment, and strength. A fit body can better react to injury and recovery, making exercise, stretching, and movement a vital element of your overall lifestyle.
Our natural hip pain services and remedies include:
- Movement screenings that provide valuable feedback about how you’re using your body and where dysfunction lies
- Chiropractic adjustments to the body and spine that restore function to areas causing hip discomfort
- Fascial Distortion Model (FDM) treats imbalances in the soft tissues
- Rehab exercises to promote healing and strengthening so your body can support you and your movements
- Pilates classes to improve strength, flexibility, function, movement, posture, and more
Our team will discuss your options and engineer the optimal plan based on your needs, goals, and individual abilities. There’s no judgment, no intimidation, just you and us working together to get you the results you deserve.
Contact our Bluffdale chiropractor today! Our studio is prepared to help you heal, help you thrive, and help you live pain-free and with intention.